Our aim is to raise funds and motivate interest in the history, heritage and preservation of St James’ Church. We need your help to:
- Preserve the beauty and history of the church building
- Keep the church hall as a community resource
- Maintain the churchyard as an attractive, peaceful area
Who might be ‘Friends of St James’?
- People who wish to see St James’ Church here for future generations; as part of our community and heritage.
- People living in our parish of West End and Harefield; who may not attend regularly but do value the Church for special family times of weddings, baptisms and funerals.
- People who have ties with the Parish but have moved away and wish to stay in touch.
- Members of the congregation who would like to support specifically the objects of ‘the Friends’ in addition to their regular giving.
How would I benefit from being a ‘Friend of St James’?
- The satisfaction of helping support the artistic, musical and historical heritage of St James’ Church.
- The knowledge that you are playing an important part in maintaining the fabric and furnishings of the Parish Church, Hall, grounds and churchyard as an important part of the community and its heritage in trust for future generations.
- The option of meeting others through social events and outreach opportunities; broadening contacts between St James’ congregation and the wider parish.
- Invitation to attend an Annual ‘Friends’ service of Thanksgiving.
- The receipt of our newsletter with update on the activities of the ‘Friends’ of St James’ including details of forthcoming events.
Membership is by subscription (£10 per annum). An application form is available for download.
How have we used our funds to help St James’?
Since our launch in June 2011, we have either paid for, or made a substantial donations towards, the following:
Completion of the South path
Refurbishment of toilet facilities
Refurbishment of WW1 plaque
Replacement West Door Lantern
125th Anniversary Seat
A new Nave Altar